This is by far our most read and popular post. So you dear reader are getting a bonus for reading. How great is that? Contact us by clicking the button on the right ——->for your special discount code. 20% off any stock wig, 25% off any custom order wig. Aren’t you glad you clicked on this blog!? :-)
How do you get the most realistic supplemental hair? Please keep reading below for our take on how to accomplish that goal.
We are all about giving it to you straight without any sugar coating--though if you want to meet us for coffee and beignets we're up for that kind of sugar coating. We'll enjoy a sweet treat while having straight talk about supplemental hair. ;-)
The reality is that wearing supplemental hair comes with pros/cons as well as trade offs. Not so different than life, right? You choose a path that works for you based on where you are and where you want to be in your life journey. Same goes for wearing hair.
Below is our take on how to get the most natural and realistic hair replacement wig~topper~3/4 wig~hair extensions. You are uniquely you so these broad generalizations may not directly apply to you. The best way to figure out what is right for you is to set up a time to speak with us. We will be your supplemental hair tour guide and help you choose the right destination for YOU!
Here it is:
1. If it seems too good to be true it probably is! We all know that old adage, right? You have probably seen on Instagram Ads wig companies selling gorgeous wigs for $20-30. These are typically companies that steal videos and photos from legitimate wig makers, trying to fool you into thinking that you’ll get the wig in their video or photo for a ridiculously low price. The fact is that the shipping costs more (the companies that do this type of false advertising are often located overseas) than what they claim the wig costs. Think about it…do you really believe you can get a high end human hair wig for less than $50!? Absolutely impossible. It is unlikely that you can even get a nice synthetic for that price. Buyer beware…you do get what you pay for!
2. Find out what type of wig looks best on you. This can be really challenging since that means you need to visit a local wig salon or store which aren’t available everywhere. Our advice (if it is at all possible) is an in person visit to a local wig salon or stylist. A wig salon or stylist can not only show you a variety of wigs to determine what looks best on you, they can also let you try them on. You can get a good idea color, style, length, density, type of hair and type of wig that you like best. For example, you might find that a partial wig looks and works best in your situation or that you prefer synthetics to human hair. If you can’t find a wig salon in your area you might be able to locate a local stylist who can help you. Often times a wig(or other supplemental hair product) doesn’t look natural simply due to it not being the right product for your unique situation. Finding out what looks best on you is crucial. Are you in our area or want to meet us? We can help you select the wig or other supplemental hair product that is right for you. Let us help you get new hair that is natural, undetectable and realistic.
3. Start with high quality materials. That means not only the hair but the base materials. Quality matters tremendously when the goal is the most natural and realistic supplemental hair product. You can’t expect to use inferior quality materials and expect your new supplemental hair product to look/perform well. It might look good initially but after a few washes it will be a dry tangled rats nest. Not the look most of you are going for, am I right?
4. Have your product custom made to your exact specifications by a wig maker, not a factory worker. The difference is tremendous. One is an art + a skill, the other just a skill. A wig maker is able to visualize the overall aesthetic to create an individual work of art. That is not a skill that can be taught, is is an intuitive understanding. It is kind of like seeing an original work of art by Monet (which we saw at our favorite museum, Musee d'Orsay. Monet is our all time favorite artist and we never imagined we'd be so privileged to see his original art in person! We were brought to tears by seeing his original works of art. We also nearly got arrested because we had a hard time not reaching out to touch the pieces! Just kidding but we were sooo tempted to touch!) and seeing a paint by numbers copy someone did. They are the same but not, right?
5. Individually select the hair from premium and the best quality hair available, Slavic European hair. You can't skimp on the quality of the hair and expect a good result. Again quality matters tremendously. Quality is also a very significant factor for longevity.
6. Select low density. We put this portion in bold because we cannot stress strongly enough how significant density is in relation to realism. If the supplemental product has too much density it will look wiggy and unnatural.
7. Select an all hand tied product. All hand tied products are thinner and less bulky which results in a more natural looking finished product. They are also much cooler and more comfortable.
8. Once your supplemental product is completed, work with a local stylist in your area to customize + personalize it for you. ALL products need to be cut, tweaked, and personalized to make them your own and to make them look the most natural. They need to be customized to your unique look and style. No supplemental hair, no matter how spectacular, looks perfect without customization. (please remember that "perfect" is highly subjective!)
What are the trade offs? Well it all depends on what you consider a trade off and what your deal breakers are. Here are some trade offs from our perspective that you must be willing to make:
1. Longevity. When you select low density, hand tied, and thin base materials it can impact longevity. These products will not be as durable as heavier styles and will require appropriate daily care and maintenance.
2. Maintenance. Your new supplemental hair product will require (read NOT OPTIONAL!) appropriate daily care as well as regular maintenance. These are not wash and go rough and tumble products. You should make sure you are well versed in how to properly care for them and prepared to do this on a daily basis. You MUST care for your product properly to get best and longest result and to avoid irreparably damaging it. You also need the assistance of an expert supplemental hair stylist in your area to help you with the maintenance of your new supplemental hair product.
3. Price: Quality comes at a cost. As with the Monet analogy, just like you won't get an original Monet for a bargain basement price (extreme example--don't worry our wigs aren't as expensive as an original work of art by a master!) you also won't get a custom made wig for a bargain price. We now offer a variety of wigs at a variety of price points that meet most budgets.
Our custom couture wigs are comprised of the top, best quality materials and are individually hand made in Europe by highly skilled artisan wig makers. Only the best of the best hair goes into these wigs and not all hair we harvest will make it into these exceptional wigs. These criteria = higher price. Our custom wigs are an investment but they are well worth it. We offer a warranty on our custom couture wigs, how amazing is that?!
5. NEW!! We are now offering gorgeous budget friendly stock wigs compromised of Eastern European Select Hair. We offer a wide array of stock wigs in a variety of colors, lengths, prices and styles. These fabulous wigs are a great bargain for very beautiful wigs.
Our goal is to provide you with an exceptional quality product that will last you for years to come no matter what your budget. A supplemental hair product that is undetectable and indistinguishable from your own naturally growing hair. Will you need to make some compromises depending on your budget? Yes. Does that mean you can’t get an amazing wig that you love and works well for you? No!
Ready to order your new wig~topper~3/4 wig~hair extensions?